Steps for Change - Utah
Hurray! We did it!
Thanks to each of you for participating in the first ever Friends – Utah, Steps for Change event. Friends-Utah was established in March 2020 (yep, that 2020) so you can imagine what a year it has been! With supporters like you, Friends-Utah has been able to grow despite the challenges faced by so many in our communities over the past year. Thank you for believing in us and making an impact in the lives of the youth and family we serve.
But enough talk, let’s see results!
Final Total Steps Count: 6,072,774 (beat our goal (1.2 million steps) by… a lot!)
Final Fundraising Total: $12,500 (beat out goal by $500 – woot!)
What does it mean? Together, we crushed it! Together, we make an impact!
Top Individual Steps
Prize for #1 Winner: 1 Month Title One Boxing Membership – Cottonwood Heights
- Rich P (doTERRA) – 184,554
- Jack S (Friends-Utah, whoop!) – 129,485
- Michelle I (Intermountain Healthcare) – 129,368
Top Team Steps
Prize for #1 Winner: Bragging rights!
- AArete – 1,947,995
- Graduation Alliance – 1,183,942
- Intermountain Healthcare – 806,392
- doTERRA – 722,736
- Friends-Utah Staff – 704,047
Prize for #1 Winner: Cliff Spa Snowbird Package – Gift Certificate for 2 includes spa access and two, 60-minute massages.
- Sandi P. - $415 (everyone’s new best friend… I mean you have TWO)
- Jack S. - $200
- Ashley H. - $100
SWAG Golden Ticket Bottle Drawing
- Tressa P – 1 Private Yoga Class
- Nick K – 1 Utah Presents Tickets
- Hannah K – doTERRA Gift Basket
12K Steps and $50 Raised Drawing
- Pauline K. – Rimini Coffee Basket
- Jack S. – 2 Pass to the Front Gym
- Sarah H – 2 pass to the Front Climbing Gym
- Sarah T – 2 Individual Memberships to the Living Planet Aquarium
- Andrea B – 2 Solitude Summer Lift Tickets
- Sand P – 4 Hogle Zoo Passes
A special thanks to our SPONSORS: Intermountain Healthcare, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Utah, Select Health, and SCHEELS for making this event truly spectacular. We loved seeing corporate teams come together and knock it out of the park! I’m looking at you Graduation Alliance, AArete, doTERRA, IHC, Select Health, and Kilter! And a big thanks to the Loveland Living Planet Aquarium for having such a cool place to hold our Steps for Change culminating event on June 12th!
And of course, thank you to our Friends-Utah staff, Young Professional Board, Board of Directors, and our youth and caretakers, and the Friends-Community for your ongoing support and commitment to making an impact in the lives of others! We look forward to continuing to take “STEPS” towards change together!